Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Rainbow Brite


Yesterday I had a very nasty migraine, so stayed in our pajamas and made the best of the day.  When we were at Borders the first week we were here, I found Rainbow Brite paper doll books--a total blast from the past.  Even though the girls had no idea what Rainbowland was, they were pretty excited because, well, I was pretty excited.  I saved the books for a rainy day, and while the weather was actually decent for the first time in a while, I was couch ridden and needed a quiet activity for us. The books had all the character names listed, so Lucy and Ella spent the day trying to remember the names of the Color Kids and Sprites.  The picture above is of Baby Brite, Rainbow Brite, Starlight, and the Color Castle.  Thanks to YouTube, we even got to watch a Rainbow Brite video, which was a total hit.  
For those of you who know Ella's obsession with Huck (a.k.a. Huckleberry Pie) from Strawberry Shortcake (the only boy in the series), it will come as no surprise when you hear that her immediate favorites were the only two boys in Rainbowland.  Here she is with Red Butler and Buddy Blue.  Ella insisted on being called Red Butler all day yesterday and woke up as Red again today.
For all you 80s kids, here's Murky Dismal, The Pits, and Lurky. 

Shown here:  Glee, Indigo, Canary Yellow, Twink, and Flirty

My migraine is gone today, although I never feel completely better until about 2 days later.   The girls and I ran errands today to get ready for my mom and dad's visit and will lay low tonight...I'm ready to get back on the couch!

2 comments:

  1. OMG... I had a Twink stuffed animal. Weren't they called Sprites? Thanks for the blast from the past. Hope your head feels better, love.

    BTW.. We are going to Portrait Innovations for Chloe's 6 month pics. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cool! I loved Twink too and thought Starlight could totally beat up all my other Pretty Ponies any day. That's funny you were able to find these at Borders - perhaps Rainbow Brite is experiencing a career revival. Enjoy having your parents there and hopefully you'll be able to get some rest for the melon.
    Love,
    tina
    P.S. Thanks for your comments on our blog, Jordan liked your note about how you were sick too. : )

    ReplyDelete