Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Torticollis Update

We had Audrey's Physical Therapy evaluation today at St. Joe's. As Greg and I thought, her torticollis is on the mild side, which is good news. However, even though it's mild, we have a long road ahead of us. I will be taking Audrey to PT every Friday for at least a few months, if not longer. We will probably continue PT until Audrey starts pulling herself up and is starting to walk (usually around a year old), but our appointments will hopefully be less frequent at that point. Greg and I will continue to do stretches with her at home and encourage her to look to her left every chance we get. We are happy to be aggressively working on this and are anxious to see more progress! I am nervous about having Lucy and Ella at the (already stressful) PT appointments, though--I will be involved in Audrey's treatment there, and will be crossing my fingers each week that the girls cooperate and are on their best behavior so that I can focus on Audrey. Please continue keeping us in your thoughts and prayers, and we will continue to keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment