Saturday, December 12, 2009

Ringing Bells

We rang bells for the Salvation Army at Macy's this year, and it was awesome! It was great being at Mayfair...Greg could walk the mall with Audrey and either Lucy or Ella (whoever wasn't ringing at the time), and we rang in the vestibule so we were not completely outside. Lucy took her job very seriously--I mentioned to her that she should say thank you when people put money in the bucket, and that she could say "Merry Christmas" if she wanted to. Not a single person walked in or out of Macy's without hearing Merry Christmas from Lucy, and each and every person who donated got a heartfelt thank you from her. With every donation, Lucy looked up at me smiling and bursting with pride, as if saying, "We did it, Mommy!" It was beyond adorable and made me tear up over and over again. Ella rang for a few minutes, but is either too young or was having too much fun in the mall...she didn't last very long. Lucy took a hot chocolate break, but stayed with me for over an hour! I couldn't believe how many more people donated when Lucy was with me...she really melted hearts. While we were ringing she told me, "This is fun spreading Christmas cheer!"

No comments:

Post a Comment