Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

Greg and I knew that New Year's Eve was going to be low-key...he had been on call for the entire week over Christmas and through the weekend, and then worked an overnight shift and was post call on New Year's Eve.  With me spending most of the week recovering from my nasty sickness, it ended up being extremely low-key.  We hung out with the girls, ignored the messy house and growing to-do list, played lots of games, made dinner, had kiddie cocktails, and busted out the New Year hats and noise makers that I bought 6 years ago and have used every year since.  We talked a lot about what New Year's Eve meant and had been explaining traditions to the girls, so they were REALLY excited about our "party" and loved the countdown to midnight (done at 8:00).  I love that it doesn't take much to throw Lucy and Ella the "best party ever!"

No comments:

Post a Comment