Friday, June 25, 2010

My Birthday

The night before my birthday, Greg told me he was sending me to get a massage the next morning (woo-hoo!). While I was gone, he and the girls were going to be setting up something for me.  Lucy and Ella really wanted to surprise me, so the plan was to tell them that I was running errands.  When I got downstairs in the morning, they said "Good morning, Mommy," with these grins on their faces that completely gave them away...it was adorable.  Then this:
Me: "It feels like a special day today."
Lucy: "Yep, it's half way until Christmas!"
Ella: "It's the fourth day of summer!"
Me: "Oh, I thought it was my birthday."
Lucy: "Mommy, you must be getting old.  Your birthday is tomorrow!"
Ella: "Yeah, Mommy you forgot!  You're silly!"
They were pretending it wasn't my birthday at all, snickering and giggling the entire conversation.  It was impossible to keep a straight face.  As I was leaving for my massage, I heard Lucy say, "Now can we set up the party?!?"  She was literally busting with excitement, and it was soooo sweet.

My massage was fabulous.  When I got home, everyone was hiding behind Audrey, who was sitting in her high chair.  They jumped out and yelled "Surprise!" and had the biggest smiles I've ever seen.  They had a Toy Story themed party set up for me....there were decorations and T-shirts:

...and cupcakes made to look like characters from the movie.  Here's my favorite one:

For lunch they made Pizza Planet calzones and pea pods, which looked exactly like my favorite little guys from TS3.  Lunch was served on TS plates.

Here you can see cupcakes with the green Army Men, the Potato Heads, Hamm the pig, and Jessie's cowgirl hats:
The cupcakes were totally impressive.

To go with the movie theme, the girls got me a popcorn maker and some popcorn seasonings.  Greg went all out and got me a Le Creuset dutch oven, which has been on my wish list for a long time.  I was completely spoiled!  Seeing the girls faces when they surprised me was the best!

That night we continued the celebration with my mom, dad, and Bill at Charro...we had a yummy meal and a great time!  Thanks to everyone for making my day so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment